A Way to Make a Difference!
STEP ONE: Pick from one of these four options
1. A general bequest gives the PA Pro-Life Federation Education Fund a stated sum of money. If there is insufficient cash in your estate to cover the bequest, other assets will be sold for cash to honor your wishes.
2. A specific bequest gives the PA Pro-Life Federation Education Fund a particular piece of property. If you disposed of the property before your death, the PA Pro-Life Federation will not receive your intended gift because we cannot claim any other property.
3. A residuary bequest gives the “rest, residue and remainder” of your estate, or, more commonly, a percentage of the residue after all other bequests, debts and taxes have been paid.
4. A contingent bequest requires a certain event to occur before the gift can happen. For example, you could bequeath funds to a family member provided that person survives you; if not, the funds would then go to the PA Pro-Life Federation Education Fund.
STEP TWO: Pick from one of these three options
1. An unrestricted bequest allows the PA Pro-Life Federation Education Fund to use the assets in the most beneficial way.
2. A restricted bequest allows you to specify how the PA Pro-Life Federation Education Fund is to use the funds.
Contact us in advance to be certain your intent can be fulfilled.
3. An endowed bequest allows you to restrict the principal of your gift so the PA Pro-Life Federation Education Fund may use only a small portion each year, typically allowing the fund to last forever.
STEP THREE: Meet with your estate planning attorney
The following language may be used when making such bequests:
To Bequeath a Specific Amount:
“I give, devise, and bequeath to the PA Pro-Life Federation Education Fund, a nonprofit corporation located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, the sum of $ _________, for use in promoting the pro-life message.”
To Bequeath a Percentage:
“I give, devise, and bequeath to the PA Pro-Life Federation Education Fund, a nonprofit corporation located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania,___ % of my residual estate, both real and personal, for use in promoting the pro-life message.”
The PA Pro-Life Federation Education Fund’s Tax Identification Number:
Thank you for giving so that others may live!
Donors wishing to make deductible gifts must make checks payable to the Pennsylvania Pro-Life Federation EDUCATION FUND which is a tax-exempt organization recognized by the Internal Revenue Service under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Pennsylvania Pro-Life Federation Education Fund is the education arm of the Pennsylvania Pro-Life Federation, Inc. with its funds utilized entirely for educational purposes. We educate Pennsylvanians about the personhood of the child in the womb; the truth about what abortion is and what it does to mothers and their preborn children; the importance of teaching teens to live a chaste life and avoid unwanted pregnancy; and the availability of viable, life-affirming alternatives to abortion.
The Pennsylvania Pro-Life Federation, Inc. is a 501
(c) (4) organization. Gifts to the Pennsylvania ProLife Federation are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal or state tax purposes. The Pennsylvania Pro-Life Federation is committed to promoting the dignity and value of human life from conception to natural death. Through education and other legal means, we proclaim the truth about abortion, infanticide, and euthanasia.
A full and fair description of the programs of the Pennsylvania Pro-Life Federation and/or Pennsylvania Pro-Life Federation Education Fund as well as their respective summary financial statements are available upon request at the our office 717-541-0034 or by calling the Pennsylvania Department of State 1-800-7320999.